POWER, POWER, POWER!
The 4 Amp Motor Shield is based on the Freescale MC33932 dual H-Bridge Power IC , which can control inductive loads with currents up to 5.0A peak per single bridge. It lets you drive two DC motors with your Arduino/Seeeduino board, controlling the speed and direction of each one independently. You can also measure the motor current absorption of each motor, among other features.
The on board DC/DC converter support a very wide range of input voltage, and can provide a 5V power supply for the microcontroller board with 100mA maximum current.So, you just need one power supply to drive the motors and power up the logic circuit.
- Operating Voltage: 6V ~ 28V
- DC/DC output: 5V 100mA @ "5V" pin
- Output Current(For Each Channel ): 2A (continuous operation) / 5A(peak)
- Output Duty Range: 0%~100%
- Output short-circuit protection (short to VPWR or GND)
- Over-current limiting (regulation) via internal constant-off-time PWM
- Temperature-dependent current limit threshold reduction
Seeed Studios' Wiki has libraries, example code and schematics.