This hybrid bipolar stepping motor has a 1.8° step angle (200 steps/revolution). Each phase draws 1.7 A at 2.8 V, allowing for a holding torque of 3.7 kg-cm (51 oz-in). The motor has four color-coded wires terminated with bare leads: black and green connect to one coil; red and blue connect to the other. It can be controlled by a pair of suitable H-bridges (one for each coil), but we recommend using a bipolar stepper motor driver.
Though not shown in the diagram, the output is a D-shaft with a section that is flattened by 0.5 mm.
- Size: 42.3 mm square × 38 mm (NEMA 17)
- NEMA size: 17
- Weight: 285 g (10 oz)
- Shaft diameter: 5 mm "D"
- Steps per revolution: 200
- Current rating: 1.68 A per coil
- Voltage rating: 2.8 V
- Resistance: 1.65 Ohm per coil
- Holding torque: 3.7 kg-cm (51 oz·in)
- Inductance: 3.2 mH per coil
- Lead length: 12 in