The Rainbowduino board (V3.0) is an Arduino compatible controller board with professional multiplexed LED driver. It can drive a 8x8 RGB Led Matrix or a 4x4x4 RGB LED Cube in common Anode mode. Rainbowduino v3.0 uses two MY9221 chips which is a 12-channels (R/G/B x 4) constant current Adaptive Pulse Density Modulation(APDM). Rainbowduino v3.0 has provisions for cascading more such boards with I2C interface.
Rainbowduino v3.0 is flashed with Arduino boot-loader and this makes it easy to program sketches using Arduino IDE. Unlike other LED drivers, this comes with a USB to UART (FT232RL) inbuilt for programming the sketches.
- Provides 2 x 16 pin header for connecting multiplexed LEDs
- Constant current(20.8mA) LEDs driver.
- Can drive 4x4x4 RGB LED Cube or 8x8 RGB LED Matrix (i.e 192 LED)
- Built in USB to UART chip (FT232RL)
- Built in 5V / 1 Ampere voltage regulator
- Can be driven directly via USB cable (No external power adapter needed)
Seeed Studio's Ranibowduino wiki.
Seeed Studio's Forums.
Rainbowduino Snake game sample on github* (requires parts not yet carried by Anibit)